Re: Fediverse for May topic

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Re: Fediverse for May topic
Hi Went to what I think is the "main" website and it said:

Fediverse social network differs from mainstream platforms (Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc). Mainstream platforms concentrate
millions of users on one website, where they control all the
decision-making, enforce censorship, and hoard users' data for
commercial profit and spying. Fediverse platforms, on the other hand,
are developed by a community of people from all over the world,
independent from any company or official institution. You are free to
register on any Fediverse website you like. You can choose the person
who will be in charge of your data - the administrator of your server.
If you have technical knowledge, you can administrate your own server
for your friends and family, connecting with thousands of other
independent servers across the web. Fediverse is an autonomous universe
where power and data are decentralized and scattered across multiple
lands.

So how is Fediverse used? I am not active on any Social Media.... how
do I leverage this service?

Thanks!!
Keith