Anyone Using HostGator, Bluehost, or some other cheap shared…

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Anyone Using HostGator, Bluehost, or some other cheap shared hosting provider?

I am looking at cheap shared hosting providers.

I found two so far... Bluehost and HostGator.

I used Hostgator in the past and it was good and then really bad, and it
has been a while. I eventually moved on. I have not used Bluehost and
the reviews are mixed.

I have three requirements:

1) must have a control panel.
2) must have ssh access. Not sure this is really necessary because, off
the top of my head, all I need is to be able to edit the .htaccess file
which I can do local and FTP up... or the control panel might have a
built in editor. I probably need access to SSH so I can set file
permissions.
3) must be highly discounted when buying in bulk.

Any other cheap hosting providers you would recommend?

Your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Keith