Re: bad mouse or a setting

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: bad mouse or a setting
Michael via PLUG-discuss said on Sun, 31 Oct 2021 15:26:46 -0400

>On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 8:30 AM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <
>> wrote:
>
>> Michael via PLUG-discuss said on Fri, 29 Oct 2021 14:36:53 -0400
>>
>> >I have a problem. When I click and drag the mouse will create the
>> >selection box and it will expand but the click will unclick
>> >periodically and then reclick and then (repeat).
>> >Does anyone know what's wrong or else should I just get another
>> >mouse?
>>
>> If your mouse has batteries and you haven't changed them in the past
>> 30 days, just for fun, put new batteries in your mouse. It might
>> work, and even if not, you ruled out the batteries, which is a
>> common source of mouse problems.

>Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it is a wired mouse. I don't have
>those new-fangled contraptions!

Mice are so cheap that you should always have a known good mouse handy
to rule out the mouse in problems like this. I've used several of the
following mouse, and they worked EXTREMELY well, like quicker and more
accurate than anything else:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304119211215

Even if your problem isn't your existing mouse, the Blackweb Blue Trace
Mouse linked above is a tremendous productivity booster.

SteveT

Steve Litt