Re: bad mouse or a setting

Author: Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matt Graham
Subject: Re: bad mouse or a setting
On 2021-10-31 12:26, Michael via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 8:30 AM Steve Litt wrote:
>> Michael via PLUG-discuss said
>>> I click and drag the mouse will create the selection box and it will
>>> expand but the click will unclick periodically and then reclick and
>>> then (repeat).
>> If your mouse has batteries
> Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it is a wired mouse.

The symptoms sound like the mechanical switches underneath the plastic
for button 1 are failing in an unpredictable way. This happens as mice
get old. While it is theoretically possible to replace the switches,
prices on wired USB mice are low enough that it is probably far more
effective in terms of time and hassle to buy a new wired USB mouse.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity