Re: localhost

+ (text/html)
Author: greg zegan via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: greg zegan
Subject: Re: localhost
Hello,  That is what I was thinking as well.  Why try and connect to it if there is nothing listening to that location?You can ping it with either the hostname "localhost" or the 127.0.0.1 just to make sure your network card and software is working and in fact that is part the troubleshooting process I learned while takingCisco courses.
Yes, install something on that local machine such as a MySQL server, Tomcat, or Apache and then in your browser type the address in with the port number.  PHP LAMP or WAMP instructions in fact tell you to do that when you are done.
thanks,Greg