Re: Troubleshooting Apache

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting Apache
Some validation steps from my house here:

## check who owns it, this is same as whois effectively
$ host -t NS keithsmithinternetmarketing.com
keithsmithinternetmarketing.com name server *ns59.domaincontrol.com
<http://ns59.domaincontrol.com>.*
keithsmithinternetmarketing.com name server *ns60.domaincontrol.com
<http://ns60.domaincontrol.com>.*

## confirm sanity that it thinks it owns it too, this is godaddy dns
$ host -t NS keithsmithinternetmarketing.com NS59.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

*Using domain server:Name: NS59.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
<http://NS59.DOMAINCONTROL.COM>*
Address: 97.74.100.31#53
Aliases:

keithsmithinternetmarketing.com name server *ns59.domaincontrol.com
<http://ns59.domaincontrol.com>.*
keithsmithinternetmarketing.com name server *ns60.domaincontrol.com
<http://ns60.domaincontrol.com>.*

## what does the current soa look like hosted on godaddy
$ host -t SOA keithsmithinternetmarketing.com
keithsmithinternetmarketing.com has SOA record *ns59.domaincontrol.com
<http://ns59.domaincontrol.com>. dns.jomax.net <http://dns.jomax.net>*.
2021060900 28800 7200 604800 600

## does flash a-record exist? newp.
$ host -t A flash.keithsmithinternetmarketing.com
Host flash.keithsmithinternetmarketing.com *not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)*

## It does have a base record though for the domain
$ host -t A keithsmithinternetmarketing.com NS59.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
keithsmithinternetmarketing.com *has address 34.98.99.30*

## is there a www record?
host -t A www.keithsmithinternetmarketing.com
Host www.keithsmithinternetmarketing.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

I get nothing from pulling up the base domain, just a blank page. What
urls are you set to currently for your vhosts?

-mb

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 1:04 PM Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <