Re: Troubleshooting Apache

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Michael Butash
CC: techlists, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting Apache
For keithsmithinternetmarketing.com I had hosts (glue records) set to my
VPS until this morning when I parked the domain at GoDaddy.

The two domains I am working with on my SOHO home server are 1)
keiththewebguy.com and 2) phpcodetest.com.

I setup keiththewebguy.com first and configured BIND9 for it on the same
server.

To try to troubleshoot I configures phpcodetest.com on the same box,
however it uses Zoneedit for DNS. phpcodetest.com works as expected.

keiththewebguy.com does not work.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've tested the config files, run
dig, and verified port 53 is open.

I took the zone file for phpcodetest.com from my VPS that runs Plesk and
previously hosted keiththewebguy.com. I forgot to change the IP
addresses in the zone to my SOHO box and the website on my VPS was
accessible. When I changed the IP addresses in the zone file to my SOHO
box the website quit working.

I assumed this meant I had an Apache issue and that is when I added
phpcodetest.com to test Apache. I've checked apache several times...
And I am about to verify one more time.

Thank you for your help!!