Re: Editing firefox.desktop

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff via PLUG-discuss
To: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
CC: Brian Cluff
Subject: Re: Editing firefox.desktop
That's what we are talking about.  You can put your own firefox.desktop
file in ~/.local/share/applications/ and it will supersede the package
installed version of the file.  I've found just about everything in
linux has a similar directory hierarchy so you have control over a
complete system and/or individual program by putting alternative
versions of config files in their proper places.

According to the spec
(https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/index.html)
the order that the .desktop files are searched for is in $XDG_DATA_DIRS
and the first one found is used.

Brian Cluff