Re: Occasional printing, and supply problems

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: Occasional printing, and supply problems
Printers are the worst scam - printer companies just try to come up with a
new trap every year to outrace (planned) obsolescence, generally screwing
you over in some way. Over the 20+ years of intermittently owning a
printer, when I have to print something once or twice a year, it seems the
printer dies before the 3rd print. The ink dies, the machine dies, or
somewhere in between. You can buy a cheap printer for 30 dollars, but
it'll cost you 60 dollars in ink, if the whole thing even lasts more than a
year or two. You can buy a nice laser printer, but it'll generally
mechanically fail before you ever even use your toner. It's a race to the
bottom at this point with nothing but chinese garbage being sold.

I agree with the rest - if I really need something printed, I'll go to a
print store for the once or twice a year I need to have it printed, and say
fsck printers and the garbage companies that make them.

-mb

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 2:15 PM Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss <