Re: PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 184, Issue 2

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 184, Issue 2
Vendor (ie. not just Cisco) stencils mostly, and fine-grained drawing
detail. I make fairly detailed drawings of networks, and I've never found
anything that can fully emulate/replace visio for a number of reasons.
They're just never *that* good at it.

I've tried various online solutions like LucidCharts and others, but all
are terrible for various reasons I've found, not from lack of trying. If I
need to pull in random HP, Cisco, Arista, Fortinet, PAN stencils, most
really don't know what to do with them, or worse break them horribly, or
just crash. When I try to create granular connection points to ports, it
can't work at that level of detail. When I try to import a visio with 20
layers per drawing for features, they have no idea what to do with them, or
even replace with a comparable feature. I just go back to using visio,
make customers happy, and get paid.

Admittedly draw.io is new to me, but will check it out. I gave up after
the last 3-4 cloud "visio replacements" I tried years ago. Damn microsoft
again for buying visio.

-mb

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:07 AM Seabass via PLUG-discuss <