Re: After Linux Mint update, numerous problems ...

Author: Brian Cluff via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Brian Cluff
Subject: Re: After Linux Mint update, numerous problems ...
There is a line on the output of your command that reads:
"197 additional updates are available with UA Infrastructure ESM"

It appears that you are running a very old very of your OS.

It's essentially saying that you need an Extended support contract in
order to continue to get updates to your OS
https://ubuntu.com/blog/ubuntu-14-04-esm-support

I also noticed that you have "apt list --upgradable", but it's spelled
"upgradeable", so that's probably why you got the list of options
instead of a list of upgradeable packages.

Brian Cluff