Re: DSL bonding

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: DSL bonding
All the traditional 2-wire telco's are rather SOL at this point, where I
think most have transitioned to fiber for anything new. If they aren't,
they might as well go home as it is end of life technology and was 20 years
ago.

Next up, Starlink (Tesla/Musk) is going to start soaking up that old/rural
residential service like yours where the inept telco can't get you above
20mbps, and unlike legacy satellite internets (hughes, etc), there isn't
massive latency as these are Low-Earth Orbit, so more real ~30-60ms RTT
times. Amazon is trying to get in on the action now too, but a bit late to
the game.

AT&T can start watching another wave of massive abandonment of their
services ala their Phone and Dish TV services, but now internet too. And I
say good riddance to a cling-on parasite.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/08/spacex-starlink-beta-tests-show-speeds-up-to-60mbps-latency-as-low-as-31ms/

-mb

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 4:02 PM Jim via PLUG-discuss <