Re: DSL bonding

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: Thomas Scott via PLUG-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: Re: DSL bonding
I've read articles saying AT&T is planning on abandoning their copper in
rural areas when it fails and instead transitioning landline customers
in those reas to VOIP adapters that will use their 4G network.  Here in
Tennessee there are lots of hills and not so many people living around
them.  I know one guy who lives between 2 hills and has no cell service
at home. When the landline goes down, he has to drive to the top of
either hill where he gets cell service to call AT&T.  If they're paying
so little attention to their existing network, I can't picture them
spending a fortune to build the tower necessary to provide service to
all their customers out in the hills.