Re: raid5

+ (text/html)
Author: Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Snyder, Alexander J
Subject: Re: raid5
You are correct, for a hardware RAID you need a hardware RAID controller.

I've only used LVM to join multiple disks, but I'm not sure if that's
classified as "Software RAID".

I have a Hardware RAID controller with 12 SAS drives. From there, I slice
the large "disk" up with LVM.

Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Galaxy S10+

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020, 07:58 Michael via PLUG-discuss <