coment NEOWISE

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: quatsch
CC: der.hans
Subject: coment NEOWISE
moin moin,

Finally got to see the comet last night. It was just under the branches of
a palm tree :).

The palm tree was being pointed at by the downward facing big dipper.

I located it with binoculars, but then was able to fuzzily see it without
them once I knew where to look.

We caught it around 20:45 and it was below the horizon by 21:20.

Probably heading out of town tonight for a better view.

https://petapixel.com/2020/07/15/a-beginners-guide-to-photographing-comet-neowise/

Info from Lowell in Flagstaff.

https://lowell.edu/viewing-comet-neowise-in-the-early-evening/

In relation to the big dipper.

https://earthsky.org/space/how-to-see-comet-c2020-f3-neowise

Any suggestions on a good place that is north horizon viewing with no
mountains without having to drive to Flagstaff.

I thought of Sunset point, but that's West viewing and south of the rim.
North of the rim is the start of the roller coaster. Lots of fun to drive,
but a horrible place to stop and sight see.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then