Zoom Conferencing

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG Phoenix List
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Zoom Conferencing
So, until a few months ago, I've been a fan of zoom, great linux support.
Well, good enough at least for full bi-directional sharing and remote
control.

With covid, their various faux pas in relation to security, etc, it's
gotten rocky enough I am at the point I need to switch.

Problem 1) I cannot log into my account. I go to any web login for them,
and it gives me a username, password prompt, ok - then a recaptcha. But
the recaptcha never shows up... I simply cannot login, it tells me I
didn't fill out the recaptcha. But again I don't see a fscking recaptcha
on the site despite how ever much scripting I let in. It simply doesn't
seem to work... Insert aggro here.

Curious if anyone else has seen this, as this is linux, windoze, android,
or ios I've tested.

Problem 2) I cannot log in to update my payment info to use it pretty
soon. I'm like a month over due with a cc expired, and I still cannot log
in to update my payment info. This began 2 months ago, and about every 2
weeks I get a support update to say that due to covid19, they're over
worked with _no_other_response_ within 2 months. Whoever runs their
support org should be fired. I tried to call a human with the weekend when
I have some time, no weekend support, even for revenue generating events.
Hmm.

I have other annoyances, but the fact that I can't even pay them if I
wanted to is a disastrous mess that tells me I should run in another
direction.

Problem 3) Anything better folks have found lately? I have cash in hand, I
just need a not-crappy company.

Thanks in advance!

-mb