Re: homewide sound system

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash, der.hans
Subject: Re: homewide sound system
Some background on the server/services, primarily the LMS SqueezeCenter
servers/clients:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server

Said android server as the media output sink in the system:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bluegaspode.squeezeplayer

Look up SqueezeLite in RPi packages, or under linux. Works great with Alsa
alone on Pi, have never quite gotten this working with Pulse on a full
linux system (ie. my desktop)...

Squeezer client I use to control the whole thing:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.org.ngo.squeezer

I have a few old androids from my ancient samsung galaxy, xperia mini's,
few others running the sink endpoint connected to speakers. If you want to
get really fancy, you can add a hifi audio card to a pi, or use any real
DLNA receiver ala Pioneer, Onkyo, etc as well without any additional
hardware.

-mb