Re: Ebay port scans your pc on every visit.

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: Ebay port scans your pc on every visit.
A bit more on this, it does seem to be ThreatMatrix, LexusNexus' security
service as a script inclusion by "customers" of theirs. They list some
other sites that seem to use this.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/list-of-well-known-web-sites-that-port-scan-their-visitors/

I still wonder what shenanigans illegitimate sites are using this for,
since seemingly only Firefox seems possessing of the security features and
capable of blocking it with uBlock Origin or like.

-mb