Cloud Based File Store and Sync

Author: Nathan (PLUGAZ)
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Cloud Based File Store and Sync

Hey All,

I am a long time user of Dropbox, simply to keep a couple gigs of files
synced between machines and a laptop. I also use the Android app on
occasion, and I appreciate the camera uploads.

As most of you are probably aware, Dropbox isn't very friendly any more
towards multiple machines so I've been hunting for something else. I
like the idea of MEGA and it's end to end encryption...though I'm not
sure how much I trust it. I've been using it for a few weeks and at
first it seemed really good, but it's been rather flaky lately. So I'm
back on the hunt.

Any recommendations?

I am looking at setting up an ownCloud on my existing Digital Ocean
server, or maybe my local server at home, though I'm not sure I want
attention being drawn to my home ip address. Any thoughts?