Re: Ubuntu 18.04 on (Really) Old HP Proliant

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04 on (Really) Old HP Proliant
Well, it was a few years ago, maybe M$ finally made it functional, but
originally WSL had no network support. WTF would I want a modern OS, even
linux in emulation, to NOT have networking? Even using vbox under windoze
running ubuntu linux was very destructive to performance, I was hoping WSL
to be a decent medium.

At some point I'll boot over to the original windoze partition, maybe
sooner than later with this laptop being a hot mess and everything else on
Arch I own. I probably should update the win os, bios, and things on it at
least.

-mb