Re: Can you remove the root user from sudoers file on CentOS…

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Can you remove the root user from sudoers file on CentOS?
Am 16. Oct, 2019 schwätzte Phil Waclawski so:

moin moin,

> So, I see the recent major bug with sudo, and on centos (unlike ubuntu
> flavors) I never use it.
>
> Is there a problem with just commenting out the
>
> root ALL = ALL(ALL)    in the sudoers file?

Depends on whether or not you have any scripts that depend on it.

> I don't think su is in any way connected to sudoers, but I want to check
> before I do something stupid.

su and sudo are different tools and still weren't interconnected a few
years ago. Haven't verified recently, but the should still not be
interconnected.

Both are still SETUID for their superpowers.

ciao,

der.hans

--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org