Re: display shuts off at random

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: display shuts off at random
Last time I had a video card lose a fan, the whole system would go into
shutdown, so not sure if it's *only* just cooling, but sounds like the card
itself, such as the actual output chips are dying/bad.

Are you using any display adapters? My current system with a Nvidia 1070
card I use 3x DisplayPort to HDMI adapters, and after a week or two of
uptime, I'll wake up the displays in the morning for work, and randomly a
display won't get signal. I have to reset the stupid adapter to make it
work again. Really annoying, but could be something similar if you are
using active adapters on the outputs too.

-mb