Re: OT: html code to open a document in kwrite?

Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: html code to open a document in kwrite?
If it doesn't need to be an web (html) based menu system and you are
just simply wanting an menu to edit files in an infinite loop then you
can do this:

Create a file named "files" with 2 columns that are pipe delimited like:
path/to/file1.txt|Label for file 1
path/to/file2.txt|Label for file 2
path/to/filex.txt|Label for file 3

As a 1 liner:
IFS=$'|\n'; while THEFILE=$(kdialog --menu "Choose a file:" $(< files));
do kwrite $THEFILE; done

As a script:
#!/bin/bash
IFS=$'|\n'
while THEFILE=$(kdialog --menu "Choose a file:" $(< files))
do
    kwrite $THEFILE
done

Just execute this from the same directory you wrote the "files" file or
change the script where it says files to point to your files file.

Brian Cluff