Displaying a program on 2 screens at the same time

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Displaying a program on 2 screens at the same time
For those of you that saw my Hugin presentation at last Thursday's
meeting you would have noticed that I had some difficulty switching back
and forth between the presentation and doing a demo of the software.

The reason for this is that I was running Libreoffice Impress in dual
monitor mode so that I can see my notes and the next slide. I could
solve the problem by just mirroring the display, but that causes
problems by eliminating my notes and other resources. There is also the
possibility of using a tablet to control the presentation, but that
might not be reliable at SCaLE when I do the presentation again.

So what I need is a way to display a program on both monitors at the
same time without having to mirror the display.

I think I might have a workable solution by abusing the kmag program and
setting it's magnification to 1:1, but I wonder if there is a better or
more purpose built solution to accomplish the same thing.  If there is,
great, I'd love to hear about it, if there isn't then this message can
serve as a possible solution for others to increase the quality of their
presentations.

Brian Cluff