Re: How to direct audio output

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Victor Odhner
CC: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to direct audio output
Every DE makes a sound applet of some sort to control levels, I just find
most suck, or are at least diminished from pavucontrol in the name of
trying to make it "simple". Sometimes we need beyond simple.

That said, for a few years pavucontrol would run amok occasionally grabbing
30-40gb of memory if I wasn't watching it. Why, I never really did find
out, but killing it tended to keep it in check. I haven't seen this in a
bit though, so figure someone noticed the memory leak at some point, by
ymmv.

Glad this helped!

-mb