Re: How to direct audio output

+ (text/html)
Author: Victor Odhner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to direct audio output
Michael, thanks for boosting my trust in Mint.

Yes, pavucontrol is available via the regular sources and works perfectly, just as smooth as on the Mac. I only wondered why they don’t install it by default, but I guess for some it would just be clutter.

I got my sound running — I’m not sure what I did, but I think both my output devices had disable buttons which I guess must have been in effect; I hit a few buttons so I’m not sure what did it. Again, I don’t know what I had done that shut it down in the first place.

I thought I would concoct a panel launcher for pavucontrol, so I did this:
Add to Panel > Launch
… and this led me to a menu of apps I hadn’t seen before; and one of them was pavucontrol.
Can’t beat that!

Thanks again.