kde panel messed up ...

Author: Joe Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: kde panel messed up ...
My Mint 17.2 panel got all messed up in several
ways. First the task bar went missing and I was
unable to get it back on the panel, so I tried
removing the entire panel and starting all over;
but even doing that I still can't get it set up right.

See it here:

http://upquick.com/temp/panelmess.jpg

1) When I open a single Chrome, 4 instances of it
show up on the panel and I can't figure out how to
delete the 3 duplicates.

2) When I kill that single process, all 4 of the
duplicates go away, but the icons are still in the
wrong place (in the middle of the panel) and I can
only move them around in the middle, but not back
to the right edge where they used to be.

3) I have 4 virtual desktops, but the small representation
of them on the panel that used to be there, I am unable
to get back.

4) When tap on the cashew and then tap on add widgets,
I am unable to find the multiple desktops widget that
I want to add.