Re: LinuxMint Question

+ (text/html)
Author: Phil Waclawski
To: nathan, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: LinuxMint Question
Well, if he's never used Linux before, one of the desktop friendly distros
(Mint, Ubuntu, Kubuntu) is definitely where to start, but the big help
would be someone helping with the initial setup. Find out what they want.
Show them how to find and install software, how to set up basic internet
connections and so on.

That may be of more use than the particular distro (so long as you pick a
desktop friendly one. ;)

Phil W