LinuxMint Question

Author: Nathan England
To: Phoenix Linux Users Group
Subject: LinuxMint Question

My Pastor told me tonight he's had enough of Windows and wants to go to
Linux.
I was impressed he even knew it existed, but that's beside the point. It
left me with a hard question...

LinuxMint Cinnamon or LinuxMint Mate

First impressions I like that Mate shows program descriptions (thinking
it might be easier for him to find things) and I can drag and drop
applications from the menu right to the desktop.

But Cinnamon really looks nice and has the latest libraries.

So my question is, which is better for a complete noob to linux?
He really is only interested in LibreOffice, Chrome and maybe Firefox.

--
Nathan England

http://www.nmecs.com/
Web Developer, Lamp Administrator