Re: Slackware vs Kubuntu

+ (text/html)
Author: Derek Trotter
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Slackware vs Kubuntu
I ended up trying kernel.ubuntu.com and installed the kernel. I
rebooted and the nvidia driver didn't work. I rebooted into the 3.8
kernel and the driver worked normally. Maybe there's a bug in the
kernel that keeps the nvidia driver from working. I'm thinking about
using an old Dell inspiron 350 for most of the stuff I do with the
computer, and putting windows on this one so I can use it for something
I need the extra cpu capacity for such as video editing or transcoding.
Then save up for a couple of months until I can afford a new motherboard
and processor. I think I'll also spend the time looking into finding a
motherboard and processor combo that likes linux. The last thing I want
is to buy new hardware and end up with the same problem I have now.