Re: How to download from youtube and vimeo

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to download from youtube and vimeo
:-)~MIKE~(-:

To download a youtube video (if you want to do it from the command line):

youtube-dl -o <desiredfilename> --extract-audio --audio-format=mp3
"<webaddress>"

you don't need the '--extract-audio' or the 'audio-format' but you need the
quotes (" "). There are a lot of options and (supposedly) it works with
things other than youtube (never needed to try). For instance you can save
it in other video/audio formats. Up also don't need the '-o' but if you
don't use it you will get cryptic file names.