Re: OT: Most fun in Arizona?

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Most fun in Arizona?
Music (see AZCentral.com) Clubbing (see Best of Phoenix) Restaurants
Art, and architecture [http://www.glasssteelandstone.com/B]
Museums (google museums arizona)
Day of the Dead (tuscon) Halloween Celebration
Big Surf (fake wave machine/swim park)
Verde/Salt River tubing
Saguro Lake boating (rentals?)
Skate Parks http://pvgrind.com/parks.php
Sedona (redrock)/Flagstaff/Tuscon (1-3 hours)
Hiking, boating (between 40min and 3 hours) --> Meetup.com
Mexico (3 hours away) --> Always exciting - don't drink the water
San Diego (7 hours away) --> Seaworld & Zoo (the "private Zoos" here are not
great)
Las Vegas (6 hours away) --> Defcon/Elvis/Cirque de Solis

Adventurous:
Bungee Jumping (Bungee Jumping of Tucson )
Skydiving
Hanggliding (http://www.1800skyride.com/hanggliding/hanggliding/arizona/)
Grand Canyon Tours (not for the faint of heart)

Historic:
Pikes Peak Restaurant
Wild West (My uncle used to be an actor at these:)
http://www.rawhide.com/Tombstone
Dine/Navaho Reservation (3 hours away)

Get a G2 phone and geolocate good stops along the way, while planning your
trip using Google's tools?

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Josef Lowder <> wrote:

> What are the most fun things to do in Arizona?
> I moved here from Washington state 8 years ago
> and while I am now aclimated and glad to be here,
> I do miss all of the incredible variety of things that
> we so much enjoyed doing in Western Washington.
> When we have guest from out of town, I am hard
> pressed to think of things to suggest.
>
> So, what do you good plug friends recommend?

www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
"Contradictions do not exist." A. Rand