OT: I'm 95% Linux, but need a little win.xp help

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: OT: I'm 95% Linux, but need a little win.xp help
.
While I use Linux for 95% of my work, I still have to use
win.xp for a few things and sure would like to find someone
(or someplace like PLUG) where I could submit questions that
come up from time.

M$ is terribly frustrating, and I wish I could discard it
entirely; but I'm stuck with having to use it for some things.

The M$ file and directory structure seems very lame and confusing.

Is there any way to eliminate that ridiculous "My" in several
folder names? "My Computer" "My Documents" "My Pictures" etc.

Can one just rename all those folders to eliminate "My" ...
and eliminate spaces in *all* file and folder/directory names?

And why does "My Documents" show up in more than one place?