Setting up encrypted Laptop

Author: Richard Wilson
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Setting up encrypted Laptop
All,

I am setting up my laptop to be as encrypted as possible, and I'm
leaning towards using LUKS partitions to do the work. Is it possible to
only have an unencrypted /boot and have everything else encrypted? From
what I found on the 'net so far, that may not be possible.

I have experimented with Truecrypt as well and that is a decent
alternative. Any opinions as to which is "better"?

Any full disk encryption tools out there that are Linux compatible?

Thanks in advance,

Richard Wilson
relw at mchsi dot com