Re: Anti-virus for Linux - is it time? Will it ever be?

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Anti-virus for Linux - is it time? Will it ever be?
Chris Gehlker wrote:
>> I don't run anti-virus on windows or linux because I'm very careful
>> about what services and code I run and keeping up to date on patches.
>
> This attitude is fine for a personal system but I don't know anyone
> running a public facing commercial server with any form of *nix who is
> not running ClamAV.

Actually, at my small company (of 3 employees) we used Linux on our
desktops. The only reason we installed clamav or any other av tools on
our 'public facing' EMAIL server was to experiment with it.

That said, I DO recommend running AV software for everyone else I know.

My point was that AV software deals with a symptom--not a root problem.
. . . and here I would repeat my last email which expounds on this.
Please go back and read it if you missed my point the first time around. ;)

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.

believed to be clean.