Re: Broadband / DSL recommendations?

Author: Dale Farnsworth
To: PLUG-discuss
Subject: Re: Broadband / DSL recommendations?
Keith Smith wrote:
> If you have business DSL with Qwest you can get IP's also. Why would
> you want to though.

They want too much money.

> If you are really serious about your server it should be co-located.

True. For me, it's a hobby, so I do it on the cheap. For about
$50/month, the family and I surf the web, and I get 5 IP addresses
for my servers to play with. Yes, my bandwidth is limited compared
to co-location, but that would cost significantly more. For an
alternative, I used to have a site hosted with pair.com, which was
inexpensive and very reliable, but limited the code I could run on
my server.

-Dale