ubuntu is way cool

Author: betty
To: plug-discuss
Subject: ubuntu is way cool
ok, this is really the desktop for the grandma user: i can't believe it !
i easily moved all my files for tbird addressbk, firefox bookmarks by
just putting the appropriate files from rh onto a thumb drive and
plugging it in, no mounting, no problem , wah-hoo.
then i took all my document files and photo files and ftp'd them to my
server and back to my new ubuntu. took all night on dial up, but it
worked so smooth.

this is heads above previous gui stuff i've used. so glad i chose this.
after i had so much trouble getting suse 10 to even get installed, i
just gave up on it; lucky me.
;)))

my little icon at the bottom (top for some people), says 123 updates
available, should i get all these or just check occasionally for the
ones i need?
i already got the other programs i wanted that weren't on the first
download, and they also installed with NO PROBLEM. unlike the tar.gz
files i always had trouble getting to 'just work' without all the lib
conflicts/or missing libs etc..
:)))
i am telling my other grandma friends that this is the open source "one
to get" and leave m$ for good.

--
betty i.
www.webcanine.com