OT: video copy protection / copyright infringement

Author: Nathan Aubrey
To: plug-discuss
Subject: OT: video copy protection / copyright infringement

I purchased a ADS Tech DVDXpress a while back that I use for transferring
tapes to divx and dvd, I told a friend about it and they went to wal-mart to
purchase one. Wal-mart has pulled all of them from the shelves and the
employees actually said it violated copyright laws and wal-mart was not
allowed to sell them anymore.

I don't know if they were making this up or telling the truth, but it doesn't
surprise me either way. If you are in the neighborhood for this type of
device, I'd suggest picking one up while you still can.

The ADS Tech only works in Windows, so I don't recommend this one, but just
wanted to let you know...

Nathan

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations