Re: How do I save a disk image of my laptop hard drive?

Author: Mark Phillips
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How do I save a disk image of my laptop hard drive?
Well, what a pickle I have created!

I believe this method works, except I can't get md5sum to generate a reliable
checksum for the hda drive on my laptop. I thought knoppix didn't touch the
local drive, but each time I run

md5sum /dev/hda

I get a different result. I assume the hard drive is changing somehow, even
though I am running knoppix off the cdrom, and knoppix says it is not
mounted.

So, I will look for another way to do this. Sigh.

Mark