Re: Locations was Re: Why we are all here (was Re: audio cd)

+ (text/html)
Author: Andrew Harris
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Locations was Re: Why we are all here (was Re: audio cd)
1. Explaining what Linux is to people at my school is hard enough. Evangelizing it would be near impossible.

  2. Ok, but there are other problems:
    a.) Location (where would I have these?)
  b.) Time (how would I plan these?)
  c.) People (what's my market like? who do I advertise to?)
  I'd love to do something like this, but I'm not sure how I can pull it together. Advice/help would be appreciated.

Kevin Brown <> wrote:
> Ok, but there are two problems with that:
>
> 1. I'm 15. What can I do?

That means you go to school with a few hundred to a few thousand other
people your age.

> 2. I don't know any Linux users, and I don't know where to find them,
> which is why I want to attend your meetings even though I can't.

Flyers on school bulletin boards, Local computer stores, etc...