Re: New laptop woes - looking for help

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: New laptop woes - looking for help
Surely you are right but I did not import anything for the packages that
worked and used a gpg key. I have never imported any key that I was aware
of and have no idea yet how to do that or how to check a fingerprint (other
than using paper, ink and the FBI :).

I did think about bringing it to the installfest Saturday but that is close
to the end of my return window at Fry's and I need to restore XP before
returning it so I won't bother. Thank you muchly for the offer though.

On 10/23/06, Joseph Sinclair <> wrote:

> The GPG failures are because you haven't imported the public key for the
> archive (apparently the packman repository key). If you go to the packman
> repository website, they should have a keyfile there that you can use to
> import their public key (be sure to check the key fingerprint before
> trusting the key).
>
> As far as the sound and video issues, it sounds like there may be a
> hardware issue, but it's difficult to tell for certain without examining the
> system.
>
> As far as the original Ubuntu issues, I'd have to see the machine to
> determine what it's problem(s) are. If you bring it to the next installfest
> (this Saturday?), I or someone else there might be able to help.
>
> ==Joseph++
>
> Dazed_75 wrote:
> > Update: I started upgrading small numbers of packges at a time and have
> it
> > down to 10 upgrades and 15 new packages according to smart. Nothing has
> > fixed the sound and the video artifact is now in the upper left corner
> > and/or the lower right. I have now seen it affect a window as well.
> >
> > It also seems the gpg failures are all coming from the packman
> repository.
> > Some packages requiring gpg have been fine but I am not sure from which
> > repository. I did not ctch on to the display tree feature until late.
> >
> > I would still love to hear frm anyone with help on the ubuntu issues
> > mentioned in the 1st message.

and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss