Re: Domain search without squating?

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Domain search without squating?
Domains are like land .... unimproved land. Think if your family were the ones who settled and built a ranch in the acreage that now forms the city of Irvine cal.

Or what if you had bought a bunch of desert out in AJ or Queen Creek 20 or 30 years ago? You would be filthy rich today.

The Internet is going to move much fast that the land development in the valley.

I own a few domains that are parked. I bought everyone of them with a goal. I am in the process of developing several of them.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to find good domains.

I actually sold a domain and made some good money.

I consider myself a virtual property developer.

Keith

Josef Lowder <> wrote:
.
Interesting subject.

I too quickly deleted some of the posts in the earlier part of this discussion.

How is "whois" done from the command line?

Often wondered how anyone could afford to just buy up domain names "on spec"
and just keep paying annual registration renewal fees endlessly hoping to
resell for a high price later.

I've always checked "who is" for name availability through either Dotster,
Network Solutions, or GoDaddy and never seemed to have a problem. Sometimes
I've rechecked a given name several times over a period of months while I
thought about whether I really wanted it or not, and eventually did register
it with no problem.

Keith Smith
http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html