Re: Domain search without squating?

Author: Darrin Chandler
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Domain search without squating?
On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 07:50:56AM -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
> .
> Interesting subject.
>
> I too quickly deleted some of the posts in the earlier part of this discussion.
>
> How is "whois" done from the command line?

$ whois google.com

> Often wondered how anyone could afford to just buy up domain names "on spec"
> and just keep paying annual registration renewal fees endlessly hoping to
> resell for a high price later.

Domains are quite cheap, really. So you buy a domain (preferably an
expired one) and put up a page chock full of related keywords, with
Google ads. If you buy the right domains and have the right things on
your page you can break even or make money. If the domain made money,
reregister it, otherwise drop it. Automate, rinse, repeat.

http://www.stilyagin.com/  |