Re: Which live CD?

Author: David Bendit
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Which live CD?
...unless you have enough RAM and the distro you're running has a "load
to RAM" mode. I know that Knoppix and all of its child projects have an
all-in-RAM option. Off the top of my head, I can't remember it, but it's
shown on one of the F-keys' help pages during the kernel option
selection stage (pre-boot).

- -David

KE7FEG wrote:
> You are aware that when running a 'live-cd' you MUST
> have two cd players. One to run the cd with the os on
> it, and one to play whatever you are playing.
>

> --- Jim <> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I downloaded an iso
>> ubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso and burned
>> it to a CD. Then I rebooted the machine to try it.
>> I mounted an NTFS
>> partition and noticed something. The mp3 files
>> wouldn't play. Neither
>> would it play xvid/mp3 avi files. However it does
>> play ogg files.
>>
>> I want a live CD or DVD that I can boot a machine
>> with and not have any
>> problems playing mp3s, or any of the most common
>> audio and video
>> formats. Which one would would be best for my
>> needs?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> *****/////*****/////*****
>
> Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
> Remember Katrina?
> For several days, only hams could get out,
> and talk to others dependably.
>
> No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/
>
> Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.

- --
v2sw5+7Yhw5ln4pr7Ock6ma4u6+7Lw3+1Xm3l6/7DiCe3+7t4TNMAb6HOAen6/7g7RATHCMHPa17r2/5p9
hackerkey.com

Linux User #385258

PGP Key Available At: http://www.ibendit.com/pubkey.asc