RE: Which live CD?

Author: Steven G Wagner
To: 'Main PLUG discussion list'
Subject: RE: Which live CD?
> I want a live CD or DVD that I can boot a machine with and not have any
> problems playing mp3s, or any of the most common audio and video
> formats. Which one would would be best for my needs?

Depending on your degree of comfort with Linux, you might just want to
create a minimal install (like...Gentoo!), add the items you want and make
your own LiveCD.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_from_scratch

I've had good luck with Kanotix, but haven't used it for quite awhile. They
just released a new stable .iso so you might want to check it out. This
distro is geared towards being installed easily to hdd, if later you decide
you'd like to keep it around permanently. If hdd install is far from your
mind, Kanotix also offers a "lite" version.

http://kanotix.com/