Which live CD?

Author: Jim
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Which live CD?
Yesterday I downloaded an iso ubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso and burned
it to a CD. Then I rebooted the machine to try it. I mounted an NTFS
partition and noticed something. The mp3 files wouldn't play. Neither
would it play xvid/mp3 avi files. However it does play ogg files.

I want a live CD or DVD that I can boot a machine with and not have any
problems playing mp3s, or any of the most common audio and video
formats. Which one would would be best for my needs?

Thanks