New Boxen

Author: augie
To: plug-discuss
Subject: New Boxen
Hey Pluggers,
Got a question, you guys might be able to provide some answers for.
I've been running Simply Mepis on an older case and (noisy) hardware (AMD
Athlon 1.1) and have aquired an HP with a 2.1G cpu and bigger HD and no
noise.
My question is how do I move my /home from the old boxen to the new one?
I've installed the OS on the new one. Do I just hook up the old hd to the new
one as slave and dd the /home partition using a live cd? If anybody can
provide the correct (in detail) processes, I'd be forever indebted.
--
    augie
grayfox78 at cox dot net

In a world without walls or fences, who needs windows or gates?