Re: 386 vs 686 kernels

Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: 386 vs 686 kernels
Ben: Thanks, I had not realized that the 1st Pentium was not part of
the 686 series. Quite a surprise that was.

Stephen: Heh, I am having quite a time learning the "easier" distros.
I thought about Gentoo but suspect I am not ready for that learning
curve. A weekend? HAH - for me it would more likely be months at
least. Maybe one day though I would have the confidence to try it on
a spare machine. Right now I could not spare the time.

Kevin: In fact it was because I spotted the 686 kernel in Synaptic
that this question came to mind. Too bad that "note" is not somewhere
prominent in an installation.

Thank you all for the replies.