Re: Cox cable internet and Linux?

Author: Darrin Chandler
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cox cable internet and Linux?
Matt Mets wrote:

>I use Linux with COX at home as well. When I had to call tech support
>once, I guess I got lucky because when the tech lady asked me what
>version of Windows I used and I replied that I didnt, she said it was
>cool, she didn't either, and she got my account straightened out for
>me. Since this is my only experiance with their support, I have a
>pretty good opinion about them...

I've already shared my Cox horror stories. None of them had to do with
running Linux. It's a dead simple dhclient to the dhcp server on the
cable modem. Never had any trouble about Linux the couple of times I
dealt with them on the phone. I usually side-stepped the issue
explaining that I'd worked with computers for 20 years and throwing
around a bit of tech lingo that the 1st tier had heard from the 2nd tier
people. ;)

http://www.stilyagin.com/  |