Re: (WAY!) Off-topic

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: (WAY!) Off-topic
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 21:41 -0400, wrote:
> In a message dated 10/25/2005 6:36:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> writes:
> ----
> >There is no way to legally install using that CD since what is legally
> >required is the genuine Microsoft Windows certificate which accompanied
> >the CD - which would have the installation code.
>
> I'm highly suspect of that holding up if it ever were taken to court.
>
> Although one gets you 5000, they'd never want it to go to court-- the
> precedent would make their lives harder if they couldn't demand to see certificate
> stashes and mark-of-the-beast stickers to try and prove licence noncompliance.

----
I wouldn't argue against that. I am not suggesting that it has anything
whatsoever to do with just or unjust revenues due to Microsoft.

There are many times when you know what is right and legal and what is
not. It's what you choose to do that defines your character, sets an
example for your children and to the community. If fear of enforcement
is what motivates your decisions then you are justifying those who
insist on DRM.

Craig

believed to be clean.